Fever blisters are also called cold sores. These are caused by HSV-1 the herpes simplex virus type 1. This condition is pretty common because it can easily spread from person to person through direct contact. Fever blisters normally last from 10 to 14 days, but they can be very painful and uncomfortable. A fever blister can develop an outbreak on the lips or around the mouth. These blisters usually occur in groups and cause swollen, reddish and painful wounds. They may also release a clear fluid that heals after a few days. Moreover, fever blisters are often accompanied by burning and tingling sensation. Getting these horrible blisters can cause you to pain and even damage your beauty.
You can get rid of fever blisters, but the virus may remain in the body throughout your life. Generally it may become active and develop outbreaks in case of:
- Hormonal changes
- Weakened immune system
- Overexposure to sunlight
- Trauma to the skin
There are many ways to deal with fever blisters. Patients can opt for treating them with over-the-counter medicines. But this treatment is not always effective and usually requires a lot of time. In addition, those who prefer a more natural approach to treatment may consider home remedies. This solution helps provide relief in just less than a week. For best results, however, doctors recommend that patients should stick to topical medications like Prosurx.
The following are highly effective solutions that help reduce the duration and severity of an outbreak.
Most doctors believe OTC topical medicine is the best treatment for fever blisters. In fact, it can give you easy, simple, quick and effective relief. In many topical treatments, Prosurx is the best one right now. By using only FDA-approved ingredients, this solution can provide you a more natural, effective approach to outbreak treatment. Prosurx is the only topical that can target the herpes simplex virus both on the surface and lower layers of the skin. Besides, it is the first one that use the power of nano-medicine for faster relief. The product can solve the problem and prevent recurrent infection while others are limited to kill only the virus.
It is estimated that over 85% of patients reported of getting desired results after hours of treatment while others took 3- 4 days to see results. Its results also depend on each own situation and even the body’s immune system. But, Prosurx certainly offers great help for those with fever blisters.
Prosurx is available at some selected pharmacies and clinics. You can also find it on amazon.com or prosurx.com
Tea Tree Oil
Due to the antiviral properties, tea tree oil can quickly and effectively treat fever blisters. You should:
- Dilute tea tree oil with water (one part oil and three parts water)
- Apply the mixture on the affected area 3 times a day (using a cotton ball)
- The fever blister heals completely within a few days
Moreover, you can:
- Mix equal amounts of olive oil and tea tree oil
- Add a little bit of eucalyptus oil
- Apply this mixture on the blister 3 times daily within 5 days for results
Whole milk is considered a very simple treatment for fever blisters. It contains immunoglobulins and calcium, which help fight the herpes simplex virus. Plus, whole milk has antiviral properties known as monocaprin (one type of fat). As a result, it helps accelerate the healing process. You can:
- Apply cold whole milk on the affected area by using a cotton ball
- Leave it on for about 10 minutes and then wash it off
- Follow this remedy 3 times daily for 4 days. The cold whole milk will reduce the pain and soothe the burning and tingling sensation.
Moreover, you can:
- Prepare a glass of warm whole milk
- Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- Drink this mixture twice daily for a week. It will help reduce the pain associated with fever blisters.
Ice can ease pain significantly, as well as reduce red, swollen fever blisters. Also, it helps prevent the condition from spreading.
- Use ice bag or wrap a few ice cubes in a washcloth.
- Apply cold compresses to the affected area for 15 minutes.
- Follow this every 3 to 4 hours
Licorice contains antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties like glycyrrhizin. That will reduce redness and swelling. Also it helps speed up the healing process. You should:
- Make a thick paste of licorice and water (½ teaspoon of water and 1 tablespoon of licorice root powder)
- Use a cotton swab to apply this solution on the affected area
- Leave it on for a few hours
- Repeat it 3 times daily until fever blisters heal completely
Tea contains many antiviral properties that can help get rid of fever blisters quickly. Also, it includes vitamins and antioxidants that help speed up the healing process.
- Place a warm tea bag on the affected area for a few minutes.
- Follow this 5 or 6 times a day for 4 days.
This method can help with pain and discomfort of blisters.
White toothpaste can help dry out blisters quickly due to its active properties. Also, it can help reduce the size of the blisters in a few days. You can:
- Apply toothpaste on the affected area
- Leave it on for 2 hours or overnight
- Wash it off. Then, apply petroleum jelly.
- Repeat this once daily until the blisters completely heal
Aloe Vera is known for treating fever blisters fast and effectively. Due to antibacterial properties, Aloe Vera can help disinfect the affected area. Moreover, it can reduce pain, inflammation and speed up healing process.
- Extract the gel from Aloe Vera
- Apply the gel on the affected area
- Allow it to dry itself
- Follow this several times daily for 4 days
There are many ways to get rid of fever blisters. Some may contain several side effects while some may require a lot of time. However, topical treatment like Prosurx is considered the most highly effective solution for fever blisters. Thus, you should notice the symptoms and have right treatment for your condition.